Monday, November 18, 2019

Revisit Educational technology blog

        I chose to review the Cool Cat Teacher blog this week (https://www.coolcatteacher.com/) published by Vicki Davis of Georgia. The blog is very easy to navigate and well organized into a variety of topics I found the organization of this blog to my favorite aspect because it saves me a lot of time and is to the point. Davis has provided multiple tabs ranging from trends, cool stuff, positions, etc. I like that there is a tab for grade levels so I could easily access information pertaining to my interest. Davis has done an amazing job of keeping up with trends and providing educators with an assortment of resources.

      The bonus of this blog is that it is made up of podcasts that are 10 minutes or less so I am able to multitask or listen on the go. I was able to listen to a lot of podcasts ranging from brain breaks to helping students regulate their emotions. I found for the podcasts to be quite helpful because they have a variety of guests that come on and discuss different topics. After each podcast, there is a "challenge" for educators to apply the lesson to the classroom. My favorite podcast that I listened to was Close the Attitude Gap - Build a Bond from Day One with guest Baruiti Kafele. This podcast allowed me to look inward and think about how my passion for teaching can impact my students. Teachers are in a position of power and if we direct that positively we can have a tremendous impact on our students from day one.

I think I learned a lot of valuable information and will continue to revisit this blog in the future.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed both her blog AND her podcasts! She's a great educator and has a lot of good things to say.

    ReplyDelete

Revisit Educational technology blog

        I chose to review the Cool Cat Teacher blog this week (https://www.coolcatteacher.com/) published by Vicki Davis of Georgia. The blo...