Sunday, September 8, 2019

The standard I choose





               The standard of learning that I want to focus on this semester is English, Kindergarten, K2
  I look through the Virginia Department of Education SOLs website and I found the important educational start to young students as Kindergarten is to identify story elements, and communicate ideas through pictures and writing by this standard follow.


                K.2 The student will expand understanding and use of word meanings.

 a) Increase listening and speaking vocabularies.

 b) Use the number of words.

 c) Use words to describe/name people, places, and things.

 d) Use words to describe/name location, size, color, and shape.

 e) Use words to describe/name actions.

 f) Ask about words not understood.

 g) Use vocabulary from other content areas.


              I chose this standard because of Kindergarten students is the age of starting to develop oral language skills phonological awareness, print awareness, vocabulary, comprehension, and an appreciation for literature. Students will be able to learn to read, remember, analyze and describe the content. The kindergarten students will start to lean in different content such as remembering the alphabet, animals, shape, etc. I am hoping that this standard can be the starting trail of educating young students and help me developing their skills in the classroom.


http://www.doe.virginia.gov/testing/sol/standards_docs/english/2010/stds_all_english.pdf







1 comment:

  1. I think this standard will work out well for your ED 554 projects. It is a fairly large standard, so I think you will probably want to just focus on one or two parts of it.

    Do you have some ideas for how you can support different modalities in this standard?

    ReplyDelete

Revisit Educational technology blog

        I chose to review the Cool Cat Teacher blog this week (https://www.coolcatteacher.com/) published by Vicki Davis of Georgia. The blo...